Software installation for Anthem AVM 60, MRX 1120, MRX 720, MRX 520
The same firmware file applies to all the above models. Model version is automatically detected.
1. Copy the extracted "MRXx20_USB.fw" file to a USB memory stick, root directory. Make sure there are no other .fw files in the root directory.
2. Connect the USB stick to AVM/MRX front panel, behind the cover in the lower left.
3. Go to the setup menu / System Info / Update Via USB and follow the instructions.
Alternative method if a monitor is not available:
With the unit turned on, press the Select button on the front panel for 3 seconds to start the process, then let go. The front panel will indicate that the unit is being updated. Installation can also be initiated from the setup menu. The unit will turn on and off a few times over the next few minutes. When installation is complete, the normal input/volume display is shown.
Very important: Do not interfere with the unit by pressing buttons or turning power off while software is being installed.
If software installation does not start or the AC cord needs to be disconnected/reconnected to make the unit operable again, try a different brand USB stick, preferably one without unneeded software that is sometimes supplied with new USB sticks.
1. (AVM 60 and MRX 1120/720) Added dtsX decoding and Neural:X upmixing, including compatibility with Dolby Enabled upfiring speakers.
DTS:X dialog level control - this applies only to dtsX sources making use of the function. To raise or lower the level of the dialog (actor voices), use the PG/PR up/down buttons on the remote. The range is 0-6 dB, default 3 dB.
DTS Neural:X uses all speakers in a DTS:X system for an immersive audio experience, creating separation by placing sounds at different points in the sound field. This mode does not apply to DTS:X Master Audio, DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby Digital Plus sources
DTS Neural:X setup (input setup menu) - When the source is a DTS stream, Direct mode plays the audio channels as they were recorded, whereas Non-Direct mode (default) adapts the audio to your speaker layout if it is different from the content creator’s.
2. Updated HDMI code library.
3. Improvements to CEC power-on.
4. Headphone downmix wasn't working properly - fixed.
5. Fix for odd input setup display when exactly 8 inputs were configured.
6. (AVM 60 and MRX 1120/720) If Dolby Volume was enabled before running ARC, height channels weren't producing test tones - fixed.
7. Fix for too many characters in IP feedback.
8. Removed Control4 ID Tx from setup menu.
1. Units could not connect or remain connected to some networks - fixed.
2. Added language selections for on-screen setup menu in General Configuration:
3. Added support for Dolby Atmos via HDMI Audio Return Channel.
4. HDMI EDID improvements to accommodate certain devices.
5. HDMI CEC improvements to accommodate certain devices.
6. (MRX 520) Dolby Digital Plus was not working for Zone 2 - fixed.
7. (AVM 60) Pre-outs muting when headphone menu setting was for no muting - fixed.
8. Disabled front panel wake-up for query commands.
9. Other minor fixes for IP/serial operation.
If you have not updated Play-Fi in a while, it should be updated too, especially if any networking issue appears. Download the latest app from iTunes / Play Store and have it push the driver to the AVM/MRX, or if not using the app, load the driver manually according to instructions on this page:
1. Adjusted timing of 12V trigger to reduce turn-on/off pops when triggering a power amp.
2. Subnet mask is automatically set based on IP address.
Fixes and improvements for:
1. Networking issues and connection reliability.
2. Various IP/serial control issues, including missing on-screen displays.
3. Various operational issues including which input is active if powering on using an input command.
4. No surround audio with DTS-HD source containing mono surround channel.
5. Rear IR input not always working.
6. HDMI connection with 4K source on a certain TV model using its Enhanced input mode.
7. Play-Fi related glitches. Be sure that your mobile device also has the latest version of the app, and that it has updated the AVM/MRX.
8. Some UI glitches.
1. Fixes for various issues including network connectivity, discrete input IR codes, and operation using RS-232/IP control.
2. Added serial commands to allow speaker profile selection without having to create a different virtual input.
3. Serially controlled bass/treble steps now 1 dB instead of 2 dB.
This version corresponds to ARC software v1.2.3750 or later - ensure that it is also up to date.